6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2017 9:56 PM by MAKALENG

Modifie line item on claims

MAKALENG

I am creating invoice solution with invoice table,line item table and modifier table, on modifier table there are 50 or so items that modify the portal line on line item table

eg

Line item number (from product table)

Code                   :0001

code description :consultation

Amount.               :500

line item 2 (from product modify table)

code              : 4000

code description : consultation on infant

Amount : product::amount * 1.5 (i.e add 50% of consultation fee)

I do have all calculations on modify table like code 40001

description : consultation on weekends

Amount : product::amount*1.2 (e.i add 20 % of consultation fee)

How do I add this calculation fields in to my table! Currently the field is code ( with different code and different calculations)

thanks

• 1. Re: Modifie line item on claims
          siplus

Best thing to do is having a coefficient table, few records:

1 normal value : 1

2 19:00- 7:00  value 1.2

3 weekend value 1.5

every line in product gets autoentered a 1 in a multiplier field but you can modify it to another coefficient which will go fetch the multiplier from the coefficient table.

Your final invoice should reflect this, but only partially, because if it contains medical performances as well as drugs prescribed and given, only the performances should get incremented by the coefficient.

• 2. Re: Modifie line item on claims
            MAKALENG

Thanks Siplus I have done that, and is promising, my challenge is how to go to previous portal line that will get the price to multiply, I have self joined the line item table with line Id and line parent Id to relate the two , but the script is giving me though time any suggestions!!

• 3. Re: Modifie line item on claims
              erolst

MAKALENG wrote:

my challenge is how to go to previous portal line that will get the price to multiply, I have self joined the line item table with line Id and line parent Id to relate the two

There is no law that forbids a join table to join more than two entities; add the modifier to the LineItems table, so you have

LineItems (id_invoice, id_product_service, id_factor)

but don't forget to copy over the value, not just reference it (same as with prices; so you have fields for

id_product_service, price, id_factor, factor (auto-enter 1), amount (auto-enter 1)

and can calculate the extended price of a line item as

amount * price * factor

Or add id_factor to the Invoice table and apply it to the total sum (or a partial sum of services only, as suggested by siplus).

Or add the field to both tables and apply a value to either on a per-case-basis.

• 4. Re: Modifie line item on claims
                MAKALENG

Thanks erolst,

my challenge is copy over the value, on modifier creation! Currently is just stand alone line, can't figure how to get the price from line item to modifier record

• 5. Re: Modifie line item on claims
                  erolst

MAKALENG wrote:

my challenge is copy over the value, on modifier creation! Currently is just stand alone line, can't figure how to get the price from line item to modifier record

You did not understand my suggestion. There is no modifier record in the LineItems table - there are only LineItem records that are modified (or not).

Add the modifier as an attribute (field) to the line item table, or to the invoice table, or both, depending on your business rules and scenarios.

• 6. Re: Modifie line item on claims
                    MAKALENG

Hi erolst

i think I now understand, I am trying that, but since co efficient must calculate with price of another line and there are mostly 3 or 4 lines on one invoice (created through portal on claim layout)

how do I make this line with co efficient to relate to the price line(consultation) so that I can calculate the two!

i hope I am still in tract,

thanks