1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 3, 2017 12:58 AM by sharpie

FMS15 Potential Bug?! Database Server > Folders

sharpie

Hello

Does anybody else have an issue where on the section of Admin Console described above the enable additional database folder 1 'path' and 'container data path' fields are greyed out once set so that they can not be changed.

I have also had a problem trying to set the 'additional db folder 2' fields for 'path' and 'container data path' where the admin console becomes frozen and doesn't allow me to save additional folders.  It's making it not easy to change the additional database folder, which I want to do.

Any help would me much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Sharpie

• 1. Re: FMS15 Potential Bug?! Database Server > Folders
          sharpie

I forgot to mention that FMS15 version is 15.02.206

Current version is 15.0.3

To answer my own question then:-

The help article:-

'Setting up the container data folders' is quite helpful.  Having read this I don't think that the greyed out path fields is a bug.  There are a couple of things.

After you upload databases to an additional database folder and open the databases, you can’t clear the Enable container data folder 1 andEnable container data folder 2 checkbox or change that additional database folder path. To stop using that additional database folder, you must first close all the databases in the folder, then clear the checkboxes. If you change container folder, you must manually move the data from the old folder to the new folder, then select the location of the new folder.

If you change the container folder, you must manually move the data in the old folder to the new folder. After doing this, enter the new path.

If you enable an additional database folder and select that additional database folder as the group folder for an administrator group, you cannot clear the checkbox for that additional database folder. To stop using that additional database folder, you must first change the group folder for the administrator group. See Adding administrator groups.

HTH