3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2017 5:15 AM by philmodjunk

Perform find on calculated field

gjbdjc

I wish to perform a multi-criteria find. First on a standard text field which works fine.

Then I have two calculated fields that give me Month(date) and Year(date) both set to return numbers.

These fields show "No Records Found" when a find is performed???

Thoughts?

• 1. Re: Perform find on calculated field
          philmodjunk

Are the calculation fields stored or unstored calculations?

What criteria do you specify for them and how? (this can be a manual or scripted process with two different ways to script it.)

What version of FileMaker?

Is this a solution hosted from another computer?

• 2. Re: Perform find on calculated field
            gjbdjc

Filemaker Server 13 hosted with Filemaker Pro 13 clients

Within a single table, I have one field that is a summary showing Max date.  I use this to give me the last production date for a given project.

From that field I have two calculated fields for Month(date) and Year(date), both currently unstored.

My goal is to create a report that shows the "quantity produced totals" for any project for a user entered month/year.

Filemaker will not allow a find on either the Month(date) field or Year(date) field?

• 3. Re: Perform find on calculated field
              philmodjunk

"Within a single table, I have one field that is a summary showing Max date.  I use this to give me the last production date for a given project."

is this a field of type date, a summary field, or a calculation that uses the max function?