So, I've looked through the posts and found multiple questions similar to mine, but I am not FileMaker-savvy enough to tweak the instructions for my own use.
I have two tables. "TableA" is a list of communities and "TableB" is a list of assignments for each community (created on a weekly basis), this is a one-to-many relationship.
I would like to have a script that allows me to
1) choose the week value from a list on "TableB"
2) create a new "TableB" related record for every "TableA" record in my found set
3) have each new record in "TableB" marked with the previously chosen week value
I really do appreciate any help that you can give and will be sure to mark the question as answered (I noticed that a lot of users seem to forget).
More details (may not be needed or helpful):
• My criteria for the found set of communities is just whether they are marked "active" or not.
• The key for the one-to-many relationship is simply the community's name (basic and probably a poor choice, I know).
• The assignments are just like a to-do list to be checked off and a place to make notes about the community visit.
• I look at my "to-do list" each week by searching for records marked with the current week (not a date-based field system).
• Right now I have to go to the list view of active communities, tap my "new" button that creates a related record (which opens in the corresponding layout), the week field is auto-selected and I choose the correct value, lastly I tap the button that takes me back to my list of active communities and start over with the next record in the list.
Happy New Year!