4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2017 9:52 AM by ZoocMan85

Active Portal Row Data Not Being Copied

ZoocMan85

I have an active portal with data pending. I have an add button next to each record in a portal. However its not going to the correct record. What am I doing wrong here. If I hit add on any record, it copies data from record 1.

Here is a screenshot

screenshot.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

• 1. Re: Active Portal Row Data Not Being Copied
          philmodjunk

Remove or disable the first two lines of your script and then see if it works.

If your button is located inside the portal row, clicking it puts the focus in that portal row and any references to fields from that portal row record will refer to it, as long as your script(s) do nothing to change the focus on that portal row.

Thus, the first two lines of your script appear unecessary and also lose the focus on the portal row which produces the results you then report here.

• 2. Re: Active Portal Row Data Not Being Copied
            ZoocMan85

removed the first two lines, still same thing.

• 3. Re: Active Portal Row Data Not Being Copied
              erolst

Is the relationship between portal table occurrence and layout table occurrence a self-join?

If not, then the <current layout> option of the Go to Related Record step is wrong and will a) cause an error and b) leave you on the layout. Then it reads from the first portal.

If you want to read values from the related record that is represented by the portal row, you can just do that, without having to go to a layout. Remove that step; go to portal Row is also unnecessary; at the moment you click that button, you already are there.

• 4. Re: Active Portal Row Data Not Being Copied
                ZoocMan85

Wow I'm a complete idiot. You know how many times I have done this in the past on other solutions. Complete brain fart. That's what It was. Had the wrong table because this was as self join. Thanks Phil