EdwardMcPikeJr

WebDirect Button Bars: Active State Fails after Find

Discussion created by EdwardMcPikeJr on Jan 5, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 9, 2017 by TSGal

Product and version FileMaker WebDirect (hosted on FileMaker Server 15.0.3)

OS and version macOS Sierra (10.12.2)

Browser and version Chrome 55 and Safari 10.0.2

Hardware MacBook Pro late 2016

Description

I have a button bar (edit: in the Header part) that performs some canned finds at the top of a simple list view.  I am using a custom theme, based on the Minimalist theme.  I have set a different look for the Active, Inactive, Hover, and Pressed states.  All states work fine in FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.2, and almost all do in WebDirect, except for the Active state.

To troubleshoot, I changed themes, started with a fresh button bar, but none of that changed the outcome.  However, changing what the button did affected the outcome.  When changing to a simple Single Step button, which gave a simple Custom Dialog box, the button stayed in Active state.  My guess is that entering Find Mode, then going back to Browse Mode after the find was performed cleared the Active State on WebDirect.

How to replicate

Create a simple layout with a Button Bar and 3 or more button segments.  Under appearance, set the Active state to be different than other states.  Set up a script to perform a simple find.  Attached that script to one of the button segments, then test in WebDirect.

Workaround

Add conditional formatting to the segments, which depend on global variables, set upon click of the button and cleared upon entering the layout.

Message was edited by: Edward McPike

Outcomes