5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2017 5:11 PM by taylorsharpe

FileMaker Champions Issues?

bigtom

Is anyone else having issues?  I have had to start from scratch three times. I use a login via LinkedIn and for the third time I am asked to enter my address and some profile data. Most of my info is still there. All badges and points and connections are missing. I sent an email to  champions@filemaker.com the last two times this happened and never got a response. Sent a third but not expecting much response from it given the previous tries. I recall I called once and no one new who I should talk to because it was too new and things were winding down from DevCon.

Is the champions thing being ignored or neglected by FMI?

I don't really care about the points and badges. The thing that bothers me the most is the lack of response.

• 1. Re: FileMaker Champions Issues?
          taylorsharpe

It's working for me via Linked in. 

• 2. Re: FileMaker Champions Issues?
            philmodjunk

Perhaps you should have posted this as FeedBack. The TS people that actually work for FileMaker Inc. seem to monitor those posts on a regular basis.

As screwy as some parts of the Forum system is currently, it's literally Light Years better than what we had to deal with when they were using RightNow software to host half the forum and something else for the "other forum"...

• 3. Re: FileMaker Champions Issues?
              bigtom

Taylor Sharpe wrote:

It's working for me via Linked in.

It seems to be working for many people. Maybe I am the only one with an issue, maybe not. The lack of response does not help my motivation to participate. Not really what I expect from FM, but maybe they have decided social media marketing is not important for the product now.

• 4. Re: FileMaker Champions Issues?
                bigtom

philmodjunk wrote:

Perhaps you should have posted this as FeedBack. The TS people that actually work for FileMaker Inc. seem to monitor those posts on a regular basis.

As screwy as some parts of the Forum system is currently, it's literally Light Years better than what we had to deal with when they were using RightNow software to host half the forum and something else for the "other forum"...

Posted a link over in Feedback.

• 5. Re: FileMaker Champions Issues?
                  taylorsharpe

bigtom wrote:

It seems to be working for many people. Maybe I am the only one with an issue, maybe not. The lack of response does not help my motivation to participate. Not really what I expect from FM, but maybe they have decided social media marketing is not important for the product now.

Well, I still think it is funny watching corporate America figure out how to embrace social media.  I know FileMaker is trying to do it well, but it's just not so easily done in an elegant way at least for most business topics.  Goodness, even getting the Discussion forums working reasonably well took a while and still has hiccups.  But I have to say that while I agree it was a good idea, it is not something I really have bought into yet.  Maybe DevCon 2017 will bring more to the table.  And don't think I know any more about it than FileMaker... but it is why I just don't do social media stuff with my company yet and focus more on a simple web page with good mission and contact info --- keeping it simple!  Then again, change is always coming!