2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2017 6:13 PM by user19752

Select Window and Script

bookalaka

Good Morning,

I am having difficulty figuring how to not open multiple windows on the "Open in New Window command". My concept is to have a window in list view with all the names of the items and when clicking a button will show the ITEM in a different layout in the 2ND "ITEM Picture window".

At this time when I go to related record this opens a window for every item. I have tried using select window function which does select the window however the script doesn't run in the "ItemPictureWindow"? What am I missing?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Select Window and Script
          philmodjunk

I think that there may be details missing from your description of your script.

At this time when I go to related record this opens a window for every item.

Go To Related Record only opens a single new window and only if you select that option.

however the script doesn't run in the "ItemPictureWindow"? What am I missing?

We'd need to see your script and a more detailed description of what you mean by "doesn't run". You can either post a screen shot of it from the scripts workspace, copy/paste the text from a PDF of a "print out" of your script, of you can use FileMaker Advanced to generate a DDR and copy/paste the script from there.

I will note that from your description, your Go To Related Records step is most likely changing your table occurrence context by specifying a layout based on an occurrence of the related table and that can affect whether the rest of your script does or does not work.

• 2. Re: Select Window and Script
            user19752

GTRR can't specify existing 2nd window as target.

There may be several ways, one is closing the 2nd window before GTRR if exists.