Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue under macOS Sierra 10.12.2. This is what I have done:
1. I am hosting a file on FileMaker Server 15.0.3 with one field and two records. The first record contains "TSGal", and the second record contains five spaces.
2. I access the hosted file via FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.2.
3. I export as XML to Untitled.xml. Looking at the file, the five spaces are present.
4. I import the XML Data Source from the file Untitled.xml.
5. Two records are imported, and the second imported record contains the five spaces.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.
TSGal, the Export (FMPXMLRESULT) may be different from the XML query that returns the fmresultset (cwp).
I cannot test to verify if there is a difference or an "error" with the cwp xml.
The problem isn't exporting XML with the FileMaker Pro app, it is with the results returned from a direct web query to the server using the XML API.
I've been doing further testing and it seems that the problem doesn't occur using a GET request, but does with a POST request (which is what we use).
I am going to dig deeper.
Sorry, it is more complicated than a GET vs POST issue, seems to be based on something else with the way the request is made. Looking deeper.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Sorry for the noise, looks like this is NOT a FileMaker problem, but rather a bug in the XML parsing library I'm using - it is killing the blanks.
Time to go report this elsewhere.