6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2017 9:38 AM by siplus

Revert Layout to Classic Theme

Wicktor

I have a complex wide layout originally Classic Theme.

I changed the Theme to Enlighted, then tried to change fields and objects to look as I want.... it would take too much time.

So I tried to revert to Classic but the option is no longer available :-(

Is there a way to revert that specific layout to Classic ?

• 1. Re: Revert Layout to Classic Theme
          planteg

Hi Wicktor,

what version of FileMaker are you using ? The Classic Theme is deprecated and it's not possible to use it anymore. This is why you can't change to Classic.

• 2. Re: Revert Layout to Classic Theme
            Wicktor

Hi planted,

I am using FMP Advanced 14.0.6.

All the solution (180 layouts) comes from FMP12 and made with Classic Theme.

I found that using a specific Theme only in one Layout produces a slower rendering.

Changing all 180 layouts to a new Theme is a nightmare. That is the reason I just wanted to revert the only layout I converted to Enlighted.

• 3. Re: Revert Layout to Classic Theme
              philmodjunk

There's a "minimalist" theme that's pretty much the same as Classic.

I changed the Theme to Enlighted, then tried to change fields and objects to look as I want.... it would take too much time.

I found that using a specific Theme only in one Layout produces a slower rendering.

It sounds like you didn't save your style changes into the Theme. Not only does this result in faster rendering, but it can make updating the look of your layouts much faster and more consistent in appearance.

• 4. Re: Revert Layout to Classic Theme
                Wicktor

Hello philmodjunk

correct, I didn't save style changes. The layout is very complex and it is a bit frustrating changing the many different fields and objects. Classic Theme worked well so I wished to revert to it.

It was my fault not duplicating the layout before trying how it look using Unlighted Theme.

• 5. Re: Revert Layout to Classic Theme
                  philmodjunk

I strongly recommend that you learn how to work with themes effectively. They deprecated the "classic" theme for a reason and I don't expect any new releases of FileMaker to suddenly stop using themes so we have to learn how to make the best use of them.

When testing what a Theme will do to a layout, you don't have to make a copy, though it's a good idea if you decide to start with a theme and then make additional modifications. You can select a theme and then revert immediately by using either undo or just not saving the layout change.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Revert Layout to Classic Theme
                    siplus

No backups ? Baaad.

However, I recommend reading this article.

1 of 1 people found this helpful