4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2017 8:19 AM by mehbastan

Instant Web Publishing

mehbastan

Hi Everyone

I am using Filemaker 12 and when I made a solution I noticed that my employees are unable to open the file in a web browser because it does not support layout with themes (what a shame) so I made a simple layout for web browser. Is it possible to write a script to open this file in a simple layout when using a browser and use another when the user is using Filemaker pro?

• 1. Re: Instant Web Publishing
          beverly

you can test and branch to a particular layout in your opening script. can you tell us what version you are using (including OS?)

beverly

• 2. Re: Instant Web Publishing
            mehbastan

Hi Beverly

Thanks for the quick response. I am using Filemaker pro 12 on windows 7 Machine.

I already have a script that forces the solution to open in the simple layout however I was asking if I could write a scripts that can switch depending on where it is being open

just like the Filemaker 14 script step that can recognized the difference between iPad and Desktop and switch to a particular layout.

• 3. Re: Instant Web Publishing
              beverly

the function

Get(ApplicationVersion)

will tell you if you are using Web, then you can branch in your opening script, something like this:

If ( PatternCount ( Get ( ApplicationVersion ) ; "Web" ) )

Go to Layout ( "web layout here" )

Else

Go to Layout ( "normal layout here" )

End If

You may wish to examine some of the Starter Solutions for your version. There may be examples for this as well.

beverly

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Instant Web Publishing
                mehbastan

Awesome, Thanks