4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2017 11:31 AM by JackRodges

Sort Report by Specific Value?

ezeitgeist

Can I "Sort Record" a Report to include only a specific value? I have the script triggered on enter and want it to only show specific records (rather than just sorting them in an order).

Example:

Date [Ascending]

Booked = "1"

If not, is there a way to do it?

• 1. Re: Sort Report by Specific Value?
          philmodjunk

What you describe is a Find not a sort.

You can either manually or in a script set up a find to find only those records with a specified value in a given field. After you find the records that you want, sort them.

There are a great many possible variations here--some of which do not use a find but rather a relationship, so you might want to describe what you want to do in more detail.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Sort Report by Specific Value?
            ezeitgeist

I already have the relationship setup such that a Report opened lists Interactions the User has had with Clients, listing some basic information. I currently have it sorted via Date and then Name. I have this sort done in an OnLayoutEnter script.

I would like to create a Report that takes those same interactions, but instead of showing them all, only shows the ones in which have the field "Booked" equal to a value of "1" (which denotes that the interaction was booked).

• 3. Re: Sort Report by Specific Value?
              philmodjunk

I have already addressed that in my last post. Perform a find for that value then sort your records.

Enter find mode [ ]

Set field [Your table::Booked ; 1 ]

Set error capture [on]

Perform Find [ ]

Sort Records

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Sort Report by Specific Value?
                JackRodges

I second PhilModJunk and also suggest that you take the sort OUT of on layout enter and use it only in the script. The fewer actions in on layout the smoother functioning and less to have to debug later. Especially painfull is spending hours trying to debut a script only to find out that the problem is in on layout enter.