2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2017 9:42 AM by JulioSandoval

Button Bar in Top Navigation Part Issue

JulioSandoval

So this is more of a question. I don't know if it is a bug....

I have Filemaker 15 Pro Advanced and I am also using FileMaker Go 15

My issue is this:

Add Top Navigation

Add button bar to Top Navigation

Open file in FileMaker Go

The Top Navigation shows up, but no button bars. See images below:

Desktop Client Image:

TopNav.png

iOS Image with Top Navigation:

iOSTopNav.PNG

I moved the button bars to the Header Part, and they show up in iOS. See below:

Desktop Client Image:

Header.png

iOS Image:

iOSHeader.PNG

Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

I haven't found anything that the Top Navigation is not compatible with iOS.

Also, this is a brand new build. Nothing special in scripts. There are hardly any.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Button Bar in Top Navigation Part Issue
          TSGal

JulioSandoval:

Thank you for your post and screen shots.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  That is, my Button Bar appears in the Navigation Bar when viewing on an iOS device.

Are there anchors (if any) for the Button Bar?  Specifically, the right anchor?

What are the positions (Left, Right, Top and Bottom) of the Button Bar?

If you turn your device to landscape, does any part of the Button Bar appear?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Button Bar in Top Navigation Part Issue
            JulioSandoval

The only anchors on the Button bar are left and top.

I have turned my device sideways, and the button bar is still not viewable from iOS.

EDIT:

I have tried something else right now. Previously I had the button bar to the right of the layout just about where it ends as seen on the picture.

For some reason, the iOS does not place the Button bar like it is on the client layout.

I moved the button bar to the far left of the navigation bar, and it shows up.

I then played and started sliding the button bar little by little to the right, and there is a limit to how far to the right I can have it go before the iOS device stops showing it.

Regardless if I have to slide to view the rest of the layout, the navigation bar does not.