Dobieg5750

Report layouts and multiple pages/reports

Discussion created by Dobieg5750 on Jan 11, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 12, 2017 by philmodjunk

Can't find an answer (either "here's how" or "you can't") on this one so here goes...

I'm trying to put together a layout that has a number of different reports in it and am having trouble. So I have about 7-8 different report layouts that cover the spectrum of the data I need to put together in a single report.

Problem #1: A few of the reports are considered "2 page report"...as in in Landscape mode, they would normally go over two pages moving left to right...it's that wide. For now I'm using two different layouts to accomplish putting this report together and then saving/appending to PDF from there.

Of course because like I said above, I need to combine a number of different reports into a single one...the remainder of the layouts that make up the single report are all saved/appended to the single file.

Problem #2: While this works (kinda), it makes me automate jumping from layout to layout, savings/appending...and calculating a number of fields in each and that tends to bog things down. Not terribly, but looks horribly un-professional.

Problem #3: I can't append to PDF in FM Go...and so I can't run this app from my slick interface on my iPhone/iPad.

My solution is to simply combine all my reports into a single layout (solving problem #3) and it won't be erratically jumping from layout to layout looking un-professional (solving problem #2) and my plan was to put report next to report (moving from left to right), allowing the right to become "page #2...3..." and so on.

Any thoughts or am wasting my time on this solution.

Shawn

Outcomes