6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2017 10:30 PM by bigtom

FM Server (PC) v15.02 to v15.03 not taking?

RichardStuart_2

I just went through the process of updating FM Server from v15.02.206 to v15.03 and after a successful update (according to the updater), I restarted the server. However, when I look at the Help > About FileMaker Server drop-down menu selection, it still says v15.02.206.

Am I missing something, or...?

• 1. Re: FM Server (PC) v15.02 to v15.03 not taking?
          TSPigeon

RichardStuart_2:

Thank you for your post!

What Operating System are you running on?

Also, what does the Server Version under Status give you in the Admin Console?

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 1.23.08 PM.png

Can you also confirm you are Stopping FileMaker Server before running the Updater?

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM Server (PC) v15.02 to v15.03 not taking?
            planteg

Hi RichardStuart_2,

I don't know if that may help, but the update has to be on a local drive on the server. Running it from a network path is a sure way to run into issues.

You may also check the deployment log, located in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Logs\deployment.log

• 3. Re: FM Server (PC) v15.02 to v15.03 not taking?
              RichardStuart_2

Thanks for the feedback! I won't have answers to your questions 'til Tuesday or Wednesday so I'll report back then.

• 4. Re: FM Server (PC) v15.02 to v15.03 not taking?
                RichardStuart_2

Okay, we're running Windows Server 2012 R2 and the version for FM Server is 15.02.206. Note, though that the server FileMaker Server is on is virtualized, not a "real" server.

...and yes, I stopped the server (and its service) before the updater. (In fact, the updater wouldn't run until both were turned off.) I also checked the deployment log and there's no record of the update having been applied.

I'll give it another try next week, but forgive my ignorance asking this about running the update through the network or local server: If the updater is run and it shows the update as successful, how would running it through a network path affect the outcome?

• 5. Re: FM Server (PC) v15.02 to v15.03 not taking?
                  planteg

When I first tried to update my FMS 15, the updater was running from another computer, and I had an error message, can't recall it. I was told to run it from a drive on the computer where the server is installed. Since it's a virtual server, that means for example the C: drive of the virtual server.

when I look at the Help > About FileMaker Server drop-down menu selection, it still says v15.02.206

This is the Admin Console version (check the title bar). Can the Admin Console have a different version, I can't tell (TSPigeon any idea on this) ? Did you check the version displayed on the Admin Console at the top left of the top most tab as suggested by TSPigeon ? Does it read the same ?

I remember in a previous version of FMS, after updating the wrong server version was displayed.

• 6. Re: FM Server (PC) v15.02 to v15.03 not taking?
                    bigtom

Some one else was having the same issue.  I would advise the same of doing an uninstall and then installing the full 15.03 without any updater.

Make sure to save your schedules and backup your data first. 

You can get 15.03 from your download page, from the trial DL or the FDS DL.