Recently been playing with video editing software, thought I will take this chance to make some simple 5-10 minutes FileMaker beginner tutorial video to help other beginners out (Since I have been benefiting from the help here in the past 2 years and never contributed much)
I am trying to brainstorm topic/features that are:
- Versatile in use
- Common on many project
- Doesn't require super deep technical knowledge
- Something that developer find too "common sense" to discuss about but beginner struggle very hard.
- Low effort in implement, but high value on user experience
- Something visually appealing so it is more fun to video edit
Here is some ideas I have:
- Portal (I literally spent 4 days trying to get my portal to work properly when I first started FM)
- Conditional formatting
- Calculation field
- Script that loops through all record
- Setting data entry method (the calendar, value list, checkbox stuff)
- Getting your fmp12 file into an iPad into FMGO
So what are the top things you wish you knew when first started FM as a beginner?