2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2017 6:00 PM by DanielKaan

Cant enter my Server password to upload to FM Server

gordonwege

I feel very incompetent. Im not a programmer, but built a basic solution for one aspect of my business. Now trying to upload a second solution, have sharing enabled, but for some reason, I cannot get FMP to allow me to enter my password. I am sure it some simple solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I go to Sharing > Upload to Filemaker Server, then the popup shows with my servers IP. but I cannot click into the field to enter my credentials. Even Tab will not work to select the field.  Im at a loss.

• 1. Re: Cant enter my Server password to upload to FM Server
          DanielKaan

I am having similar problems to gordonwege from my desktop computer to a remote server (FMPA and FMS both v16, both  Mac OS 10.12.6).

The problem occurs regardless of whether I use a Local Host or a manually defined host.   I have credentials saved in my keychain for the server and these show up in the "Upload to Server" dialogue, but they are greyed out.  I cannot get into the fields.

If I choose Open Remote, I am however able to see and open databases hosted on that server using these same Host definitions, so clearly the Host definitions are valid.  Creating a new Host definition does not help.

I transferred the database file the to the server machine and then tried using a copy of FMPA 16 installed on the server to do the same operation and it worked successfully.

I could not find any settings on FMS that would affect this behaviour.

Ideas anyone?

• 2. Re: Cant enter my Server password to upload to FM Server
            DanielKaan

I had no difficulty uploading the same file to a client's FMS 14 (Windows Server 2008) so it seems more likely to be a server issue.

My Mac test server is just using the FileMaker default SSL Certificate.  It does prompt and I allow, but could that be an issue?