2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2017 6:17 PM by tomswell

how to insert highlighted text

tomswell

THE QUESTION;

how to insert highlighted text   .... probably some silly syntax, just haven't figured it out.

$$where (number) = get ActiveSelectionStart

1.     insert calculated result doesn't seem to respond to starting point $$where and instead replaces whole text field with color and size desired

2.      Insert text,  $$where works ok but text inserted isn't highlighted or sized in any way.

where set.png

WHY do i want to insert;

I'm creating a text field editor allowing insertion of keywords from a list that are highlighted [bold] , On demand all key words are substituted . For the most part all the scripted components work well.

The current issue is that I would like to insert a colored marker to indicate the insertion point to compliment the visibility of the bold key words ;

A text body loaded with kwords can be read before substituting key words and saved as a form which I call a blob. It too has it's own key word.

A blob can contain another blob. It's also possible to partially fill form with a click of the refresh button (substitute) and then select , another or same, keyword  so as to include data from a different selected record. Many key values pull single field data from selected records . I call them chunks.

When all substituting and proof reading is done the text field is saved as a PDF.