4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2017 6:52 AM by muhammad.ikram@contedia.com

Using Loop to generate Value List.

muhammad.ikram@contedia.com

Hello Community,

I don't know if we can do this in FileMaker.

Basically, I have an order quantity field in my table, where I put quantity when ordering some stock. I have an portal with all orders so when stock arrives, I mark them as arrived.

When I order stock in quantity, for example if I order 3 computers, occasionally, 2 computers may arrive first than 1 some other time.

To tackle this what i have decided is to have an dropdown menu if the item has more than quantity. So if the order has 3 computers, I would like to be able to have an dropdown; on click it would show something like following.

The problem is in the quantity field "3" will be saved as quantity.  I don't want to show just "3" in my dropdown menu list.

so my question is how I can create an value list, which will check the number in quantity and break it. For example if the quantity is 5, the dropdown option  should display 1,2,3,4,5 ; allowing me to select the number of orders arrived.

Or if this is not the right way; is there is an alternative  way available.