4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2017 8:20 PM by dennismoorejr

Auto select pop up menu value list item based on text string in from another field

dennismoorejr

I am working with the following related databases.

Participants  Table

ParticipantID

Transaction Table

ParticipantID (Value List based on Participant Table::ParticpantID)  ::ParticpantLastName (Participant Table)  ::PartipantFirstName (Participant Table)

Also included on the transaction table is import from excel worksheets info inlcuding

LastName FirstName

I am looking for a way to have the fields ::ParticipantID select the proper record when the names of the Tranasction::LastName + Transaction::FirstName match a record.

Knowing the following;

Participant Table Record # 1 includes the following information;

ParticipantID   ParticipantLastName  ParticipantFirstName

0001                Rubble                         Barney

When I import records into the transaction table with the following record information

Trans #    ::ParticpantID  ::ParticpantLastName  ::ParticipantFirstName   TransLastName  TransFirstName     TransAmount

01                                                                                                                  Rubble               Barney               $100.00

I would like the ::ParticipantID ::ParticpantLastName ::ParticipantFirstName fields to grab record number 0001 from the particpant table and populate the fields appropriately.

Currently the ::ParticpantID filed on the Transaction table is a pop up menu with a value list based on the ParticpantID records info.

I am trying to create transaction entries that are connected after import to the proper particpantID.

I am very very very new at this.  Meaning it is my first time working with Final Cut.

The Particpant Table and Transaction Table ParticipantID are related.

Thank you in advance.