what version of FileMaker?
what operating system version?
W10 Pro x64
Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. I used the same field names and calculation in my test file. I get the expected bold and italics without having the leading "xx" in the calculation. I tested using FileMaker Pro 15.0.2 under both Windows 10 and macOS Sierra 10.12.2.
If you create a new calculation, does the issue still exist? If you create a new layout, does the issue still occur? If you create a new test file, does the issue still occur?
I have made a simple database with 5 fields and two records and that gives the same problem; i.e. both:
- incorrect behaviour of first TextStyleAdd
- not 'processing' calculation correctly; gives a number in stead of text
Well there is a nuance. If I click on the result field ('make it active') it changes to the correct display of information ..... but if not active goes wrong again.
- data base
- error-1 --> result as a number
- error-2 --> result in text as it should be
- error-3 --> combine1: all in bold and not only the first TextStyleAss
Using the latest update FMP126.96.36.1995
Please note that I am using a Dutch version
'Solves' both issues.
Never noticed that option.