1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2017 10:40 PM by osmancabi@gmail.com

show booking avaibility on the calendar

johnny83

I started to work with Filemaker just recently and need an opinion from you guys.

I have a table as shown below which contains tour id , tour date and the total people who would be joining to tour.

_kfdTourID_kfdTourDate_cnPeopleConfirmed
      215/12/20168
      1715/01/20166
      215/01/201610
      1715/01/20165

I have a monthly calendar as shown below and I am showing the available seats on the website using FM PHP API.

Untitled.png

It takes approximate 5 seconds to show remained seats on the calendar just for one tour. Now, for me to show the whole month's availability would take 5 minutes. ( 30 days x 2 tours x 5 seconds  = 300 seconds )

I have been told that if I create 365 fields and get filemaker to update the remaining seats for each day when a new booking is made php api would get the data within seconds for the whole month. Is this wise? What is the most practicle way to do this?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

• 1. Re: show booking avaibility on the calendar
          osmancabi@gmail.com

Hi johnny,

I have similar performance problems while doing query with large tables. If the result set is more than 1000 records, it takes more than 30 seconds and I get time-out error.

I wonder is there any solution for sub-summary reporting with large data set on the web.

By the way, I don't understand 360 fields? It may be 365 records, a record for each day?