In FM 13/14 FMI extended the Import Record script step to not only remember the import order of target fields, but also the ids of the source fields. This was to make it possible to delete fields in the source table, without breaking import scripts - <Missing Field> appears in the import dialog.
In FM15 (22.214.171.124) the Profile Info is missing , which means
- deleting fields breaks import scripts,
- as does copying + pasting an Import Records script step.
Steps to Reproduce
See attached files, or:
- Create a file with two tables each with three fields
- Create script to import one table into the other (using a reference to 'self' in the import path)
- Save script
- Delete field two in the source table and look at the import field mapping (result1)
- Copy the script step and look at the fmxmlsnippet (result2)
Expected result1 (as in fm14)
<Field Missing> appears
The fields remain correctly aligned
Actual result1 (fm15)
No <Missing Field> appears.
The fields on the left shift up to fill the gap (Note: In this file I used different field names )
Looking at the clipboard XML of the Import commands
Expected result2 (as in fm14)
<Profile> contains <InputFields>:
Actual result2 (fm15)
<Profile> is empty:
Don't have v1 (any more) nor v3 (yet) to test.