I have also looked at IE-Adobe plugings, but they are all enabled. Still that would not explain the difference between FM13 and FM15, would it?
Thanks in advance for any insight on this matter
Go to Layout mode
Click on the offending field
View menu - Inspector
Click on the Data icon, upper right corner of the inspector
Scroll to the bottom of the inspector to where you will see:
and play with those
One thing you can check. If you are running disparate versions of 32-bit and 64-bit between the OS and the three different applications in play here (Windows, IE, FileMaker Pro, Adobe Acrobat) that could be the source of your problem. Make sure they are all of the same flavor of "bitness".
I know the machine is 32-bit and I installed FM 15 accordingly, but I'll check if adobe is in the same page.
90% of the users can preview the PDF just right. I am afraid it is not a layout design concern, but thank you for the feedback.
You could try exporting the PDF and then reinserting it to see if that makes any difference. There see to be a lot of issues with pdfs and upgrades.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Make sure the default viewer is properly set.
Don't know if it applies to the Apple family. But in Windows go to the DC preferences / General scroll to bottom and Click "Select As Default PDF Handler" it solved some issues I was having.
In Windows 10 use the IE browser.
I found at one point that setting adobe PDF viewer to adjust itself for lesser system versions, forget the term, helped for a while.
Go to settings and choose IE 10 Browser for default PDF viewer.
Also check this settings in the Inspector after selecting the field in your layout: