AnsweredAssumed Answered

Web Publishing Engine Failure

Question asked by vickynesbitt84 on Jan 19, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 20, 2017 by JVillalobos

Hi All

We have several identical spec servers running identical FileMaker Server 14 installations with XML & PHP running on the Web Publishing engine. The servers are running Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard & FMS is up to date - 14.04.

On one of the servers the web publishing engine has just stopped working... There's nothing to indicate anything amiss in the logs whatsoever.

If I try to redeploy the server and everything is fine except for the following lines logs:

UNDO EXISTING DEPLOYMENT

Stop WPE                                                    Error: 10007 (Requested object does not exist)

START DEPLOYMENT

Stop WPE                                                    Error: 10007 (Requested object does not exist)

Start WPE                                                    Error: 10006 (Service already running)

Create Application Request Routing rule for Web Publishing   message:New rule object missing required attributes. Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'rule' with unique key attribute 'name' set to 'BlockConf', , .

Add X-Forwarded-Host header                                  message:New add object missing required attributes. Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'add' with unique key attribute 'name' set to 'HTTP_X_FORWARDED_HOST', , .

This in fact the second time this has happened.. Last time the only way I managed to resolve the issue was by re-installing FileMaker Server, which I am loathe to do again without really understanding what the problem is and how to solve it going forward... Previously I restarted the machine and also tried restarting most of the elements from the command line to no avail.

One of the other symptoms we have is that there are a load of ghost XML clients logged into one of the databases - there seems to be no way of getting rid of these save restarting the server, but that doesn't fix the issues with the web publishing engine running...

Any ideas?

Kind Regards

Vicky Nesbitt

Outcomes