2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2017 3:09 PM by philmodjunk

How to put the reference of an active tab in a variable

jeurissenb

I want to make my database a little bit acting like a webbrowser. Therefore I have to know exactly the latest used active tab position. I then would like to place this position in a variable to make a button to go back not only to the latest active window but also to the latest correct tab position.

What formule do I have to us?

• 1. Re: How to put the reference of an active tab in a variable
          keywords

Have a play around with the OnPanelSwitch script trigger. You will have to give each panel an Object Name I think, but should be able to get what you want in there somewhere.

• 2. Re: How to put the reference of an active tab in a variable
            philmodjunk

Yes, you will need to give each panel an object name. This is not the name you provide in tab control set up as a tab label but what you enter into the Name box in the Inspector after selecting a specific tab in your tab control.

Then you'll need to use the Get ( TriggerTargetPanel ) to get the info on the panel that becomes current after OnPanelSwitch is tripped when the user changes tab panels. Look this function up as it provides a list with two items of info--the number of the panel and the object name. You can use GetValue to extract the object name and store it into a $$Variable.