4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2017 11:49 AM by TSGal

Right Click Slooow

antidote

Convert a system from FM11 to FM15.

Right clicking into a field will take about 2 seconds for the dialog to show your options.  Client typically paste items into the field.

It is only slow when your found count is approximately over 5,000 records.

Windows 7 Professional SP1

FileMaker Pro 15v3

FileMaker Adv 15v3

• 1. Re: Right Click Slooow
          TSGal

antidote:

Thank you for your post.

Does this occur for all fields or just a particular field?

If just a particular field, how many characters do you have in the field?

Do you have any plug-ins installed?  If so, which plug-ins?

Any other information you can provide about the file and/or your computing environment may be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Right Click Slooow
            antidote

It is all the fields. There are no script triggers on the layout or fields.  No plug-ins.  Happening in multiple files.

Creating or changing the theme does not matter.  Having only one field on the layout does not matter.

Workaround is to get there found set smaller.

Tim

• 3. Re: Right Click Slooow
              TSGal

antidote:

I am able to replicate the issue using Windows 7 with a 200,000 record database file.  After right-clicking a field, It takes approximately 1.5-2.0 seconds to display the context menu.  I can also replicate the issue under Windows 10.  The issue does not occur under Mac operating system.

I have sent your post along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Right Click Slooow
                TSGal

antidote:

Testing is also able to replicate the issue under Windows, but not under Mac.  All information has been sent to Development for further review.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.