This sounds like your TOs are busted.
Open File:Manage:Database:Tab Relationships
See if any of the TOs are greyed or whatever is used to show a bad link.
If you find one, then click on that TO and repoint the TO to your file. These can be broken if files are moved to another folder and sometimes during a conversion.
"Manage External Files",
That would be Manage External Data Sources, I believe.
Open that dialog and check for additional data source references that also reference these files. You may have updated some external data source references and not others.
I tried this. Initially, the TO was grayed out and I pointed to the file again. However, when I closed and reopened the file, the connection was again lost.
Thanks for your help.
As it turned out, I did have other source references. However, even after I deleted them and ensured that the remaining references were correct, the Open File script ceased working after I closed and reopened the main file containing the script.
Edit your script you may need to put a new open file step in and delete the old one but, make sure it points to right file.
There is a difference between the relationship created by a TO in the relationship dialog and the pointer you create using Manage External Data Sources or when you create a script using Open File.
They are NOT the same and one can be right and one not working or both not working.
If your relationship isn't working you verify and reassign the TO. That table can be in the same file or an external file.
If open file isn't working because the file no longer exists where it was when the script was created, then you open Manage External Data Sources and select the item. Then reassign the file which will add a new line below the existing one. Delete the lines above it or delete them first and then reassign the file.
You can open a script and locate the bad open file step and create a new open file step below it, Delete the bad line.