AnsweredAssumed Answered

Runtime: Dealing with a license request

Question asked by tays01s on Jan 23, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 24, 2017 by tays01s

I have an RT where the user triggers a Request for a license. A Request FM file is then exported with the necessary data. I use this to generate a license text file, emailed back the to user who places it in a specified folder, they press 'Activate' and the RT opens. While I can give the user simple instructions in the email to take care of the license, the problem is getting them to email me the Request in the first place. Using a dialogue window fails because the user will forget the instructions/ email address as soon as it is shut. I've tried using a pop-up with a text field they can copy, but they could also accidentally delete the info. In the past all this was automated emailing, but I found that this is automatically blocked by institution fire walls.

For an RT, is there a more efficient way of getting a License Request info file to me? By all means comment on the process too; I dare say there better ways. Keep in mind though internet options may be blocked by health service fire walls.

Outcomes