2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 9:00 AM by jdevans

reset layout to a different avery label

jdevans

I found where to go set up a New layout to the dimensions on a given Avery label size. My question is, once created, I'd like to duplicate that layout, and then change the layout setup to allow for a slightly different label size. For example, my original layout is based on the Avery 5163 label. I'd like to duplicate that layout, and then change the duplicate to a Avery 5160, and modify it to fit.

Where in FileMaker Pro Advanced 15 (for Windows) can I make this adjustment? I can't find it anywhere.

• 1. Re: reset layout to a different avery label
          philmodjunk

You can't just take a layout, specify a new Avery layout number and have it auto-magically resize to the new label.

You could look at the dimensions and layout of a particular set of Avery Labels and manually resize the parts (and objects within the parts to fit the new label format, but it's far easier just to create a new layout and specify the Avery number when creating it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: reset layout to a different avery label
            jdevans

That stinks. Oh well. I can start the new layout, specify the correct label # and then just copy/paste the fields from the first one onto the second one. That isn't that much work. Thanks for the info. I was spending time looking for something that wasn't there.