2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 2:18 PM by philmodjunk

Setting different default values for fields depending on form / portal

nick@livex.tv

Is there a way to set the default value of a field for a new entry, and defaults vary on different forms and portals? (i.e., besides in the global scope in Manage Database?)

• 1. Re: Setting different default values for fields depending on form / portal
          nick@livex.tv

Specifically, I'd like a field (e.g. "Type") to default to different values, based on which portal it is appearing in.

• 2. Re: Setting different default values for fields depending on form / portal
            philmodjunk

Specifically, I'd like a field (e.g. "Type") to default to different values, based on which portal it is appearingwas created in.

There is more than one way to do that. One way is to set up a script trigger on a field in the portal that runs a script that sets the field to the desired value. The same script can be used in every portal, but with different parameters.

You could also set up each portal with a different relationship that includes a second pair of match fields that includes this match field pair in addition to the current match fields:

LayoutTable::cDefaultValue = PortalTable::DefaultValue

cDefaultValue would be a calculation field that has the needed value and this then is auto-entered into the DefaultValue field of the portal table. You might need one such calculation field for every default value however.

1 of 1 people found this helpful