AnsweredAssumed Answered

trying to install FileMaker 13  and 3/4 of the thru is asks for IIS and i downloaded it but the prgm can't find it even though i pointed it to the C drve Help please

Question asked by norman926 on Jan 24, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2017 by wimdecorte

I am trying to install FileMaker server 13 advanced 64 bit  and 3/4 of the way thru it a file called IIS which i downloaded and saved in the C drive.

Even though i did everything i know how to do, point it to the C drive,  placed it on my desktop for easy reach. nothing seemed to work.

I need the server to set up a network connection to my partners 2 other computers in his office (he is an M.D. and one if for the Nurse the other for him)

What they want to do is have the nurse enter the patients current Exam stats and then the doctor can access the patients chart on a different page and write his notes after talking and examining the  patient.  It is rather simple considering the benefits of FM Server 13.  I could use Filemaker Pro Adv 12, 13 or 14, Major question, do the two other machines have to have different versions of FM Pr Adv in order for us to accomplish what  we want to do?

I noticed on the sharing filemaker Pro files is said we can have up to 5 pc connected but only one would be the active the others would be Guests and does that mean read only or can they make notations on the program too?

If you could help me out here you would save me $$$$ and headaches for i have been purchasing prgms left and right about servers to try to get this done.  Please help and save my head.

Thanks  Norman

Outcomes