2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2017 12:06 PM by siplus

Puzzled by FMP 15 Re-Login execution time

siplus

1) How it started.

Our most important solution has about 60 database files, some having up to 14 tables, some only one. We have relogin scripts in each and every database file and some centralised "relogin all" scripts that calls them, allowing us to enter in all databases at the same privilege level.

Since FMP 15 we noticed a really long time (1-2 minutes) in the execution of this "relogin all xxx" script, while in FMP 13 it was over in 4-5 seconds.

2) Going deeper.

On my development iMac (i7, SSD, 16 GB RAM, running the latest El Capitan) I noticed a huge difference running the enclosed test: it took 0.99 seconds to run on FMP 13 and 64 seconds on FMP 15, for 100 Re-Logins.

FMP 15 also had the solution opened (residing on our dev server). FMP 13 had no other DB's open.

At 3 different clients, running the latest Sierra and FMP 15.0.3, a very similar iMac displayed the same problems.

Useless to mention, we use this script a lot when assisting our clients.

3) But...

at home, on my MacBook Pro i7 retina 8 GB, SSD, the results from FMP 13 and FMP 15 were similar - around 10 seconds for 1000 Re-Logins.

Any clue ?

• 1. Re: Puzzled by FMP 15 Re-Login execution time
          philmodjunk

Is there any external authentication set up on these accounts?

I've seen major delays when logging in if logging using a Filemaker Account if other externally authenticated accounts are listed ahead of it in the authentication order. Seems that the system does an exhaustive search for the account in the AD system and then fails into a check inside the file for the FileMaker authenticated account...

• 2. Re: Puzzled by FMP 15 Re-Login execution time
            siplus

In the solution there are some 30 external auth accounts, but they are not addressed.

They are at the bottom of the accounts list - first are the local Filemaker file accounts, which cover the whole plethora of relogins we do.

Timings were done on the attached database, which has no ext auth.

Besides, we are talking about the same database set, what changes is the FMP version.