1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 26, 2017 11:37 AM by TSPigeon

Filemaker Server 15 installation

user10625

I have been having a devil of a time trying to get FMS 15 installed.

Server hardware is windows Server 2008 R2.  Plenty (100s of G) of disk space & memory (30G or so).

Details of the problem are told here:

https://community.filemaker.com/thread/167696

I was able to finally get the initial installation going, but I have a few questions.

First of all, my workaround was to go into the Filemaker Server 15 / files / and directly run the file “setup.exe” as administrator.

Example1.png

(see Example1.png)

1)  Is this a bug (that I have to do this)?  I'm thinking it must be some kind of OS/permissions issue, but neither I nor my (very knowledgeable) IT manager can figure out what.

2)  Even if it isn’t,  is what I am doing safe?  Am I missing anything crucial by not being able to run it from the package level?  

THEN,  I went to install the updater (15.0.3) and things got even weirder.  I just get this display:

(see Example2.png)

Example2.png

When I go into the Filemaker Server 15 Updater folder, and try to run Setup.exe directly, same thing. And when I go into the Files folder, and try to run the updater file there, it won’t let me.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Server 15 installation
          TSPigeon

user10625:

Thank you for your post!

I'm not familiar with the issues you are encountering. I would think they are a result of Permission/OS Configuration as you mentioned. Could you provide a little more information:

-Do you download these installers on the Server machine itself or are they moved from somewhere else?

-What browser do you use to download?

-Can you attempt to run the installer from the Root of the C:/ and Run as Administrator

-If possible, use a Local Administrator User rather than a Domain User?

-You might try a different Domain User than the one you have been trying with.

-Is it possible to temporarily install something else on the machine? This will help determine if it's a problem with anything you attempt to install.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.