1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2017 9:03 AM by JackRodges

jpeg as background with no interactivity??

d24601

I’m developing an app (my first), and I want the user to be able to change the “wallpaper” on the home screen. The way I’ve done it is to have container fields with a few different jpeg in them and leaving one blank for a pic taken with the device camera or from camera roll. You select one, and it copies it to the “current wallpaper” field which is stretched across the home screen and anchored to all edges. To make the selected image fill the screen and keep its dimensions, I had to widen the field beyond the right edge – this makes the landscape pics fill vertically, and crops off the right side which I’m fine with, and I’ve locked the screen to portrait only.

What I don’t want, is for there to be any interactivity. I don’t want to be able to move the pic around or zoom in or out. I can’t figure out a way to do this. I thought of putting a no-fill object over the container, but I don’t know if this will work after it moves from being a filemaker file to being an app ( which I haven’t even begun to learn yet – should be all kinds of confusing for me).

Any suggestions as to how I can lock that pic in place would be appreciated.

1 2 Previous Next