1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 27, 2017 8:45 AM by philmodjunk

Custom Tab Order based on a script

xxx202xxx

Hi All

I have a script associated with a button when pressed it will copy field data from one layout and paste them to fields in another layout.  Once that is done the script is halted to allow the user to pick data from value list to be inserted in additional fields.  Once the additional data is provided a submit button was created to resume the script then exit.

What I would like to have happened is to force the user to enter data into the 3 additional fields that I want them to rather than to give them a choice.

• 1. Re: Custom Tab Order based on a script
          philmodjunk

In Layout Setup, you can specify a tab order.

With script triggers, you can move the focus to specific fields when the user exits the field. (Terminate the script with Exit Script [False] to keep the layout's tab order from superseding your scripts use of go to field or go to object to put the cursor where you want it.)

BUT

when pressed it will copy field data from one layout and paste them to fields in another layout.

This does not sound like a good idea. Data on the first layout can be displayed on the second without having to copy/paste or otherwise make a new copy of the data. And if your script is moving the data by copying to the clipboard then you are creating additional, unnecessary potential problems for your user that are easily avoided by moving data via other methods.