AnsweredAssumed Answered

Aggregating calculation results to speed up subsummaries, charts, ExecuteSQL, etc.

Question asked by dennis.meek on Feb 1, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 2, 2017 by dennis.meek

Hi All!

I'm started working with FileMaker Pro 15 four months ago and I'm struggling with finding a way to aggregate and cache calculation results so that my subsummary reports and charts will execute faster.

I read both the FM Basic and Advanced manuals, read through the bulk of the FM 14 Missing Manual text, and I still stuck. Honestly, must have missed a concept for the above.

I have 500K rows of sales data consisting of the following fields: primary key (UUID), location code, product ID, sale date (month & year), Dollar sales, and unit sales.

I'm trying to report on sales by location and also as a rolled up number by month, year, quarter, etc.

Does anyone have an example or know where I can find a paper on how to aggregate the data and store it some place to help speed up the rendering process?

Ideally, I'd like to script a way to update the data when I need it refresh the data.

I'm running the app on a Mac, but have hopes of moving it to FM Server in the future.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

Outcomes