5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2017 1:38 AM by keywords

Field shading lost in Preview mode, and hence print

keywords

Now here is an annoyance I've just run into. I am in the process of updating an old database. One of its features is printing quote letters for clients. In the old version I had some fields shaded, for the purpose of highlighting some lines in a table. In the new version have sought to replicate this, applying fill settings as a new style. All seemed in order until I switched to Preview mode when "poof!" the shading is gone, along with the top border I had also set up on the field—

Browse mode:

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 6.32.24 PM.png

Preview mode (note field sliding also applies):

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 6.33.36 PM.png

I've tried various tricks to try and address this—try a different theme, switch off sliding, different colours fills … no fix. The only thing so far that I've tried which seems to overcome the problem is a shaded rectangle under the field, and set to slide with it. It works, but seems a rather primitive workaround. Two things:

1.     Has anyone come across this and found a solution other than the one noted above?

2.     Should this be reported to FM? It seems like a needless annoyance to my mind.