1 2 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2017 12:06 PM by rkutcher

Conditional Formatting

rkutcher

There's probably been many posts about this subject.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

I have a portal on a my Company layout that displays a list of my Customers.  I write numerous reports for each Customer and have a field in the Report table indicating whether or not the Report has been invoiced.  I would like to have the portal row, or a button in the portal row, turn a different color if any of the Reports, for a particular Customer, have not been invoiced.

It seems to me this would be a fairly common requirement but I can't word a Search request well enough to find an answer here in the Forum.

Company-------<Customer-------<Report                               Just to clarify,   --------<   means "one to many"

• 1. Re: Conditional Formatting
          philmodjunk

Use this expression:

Not IsEmpty ( FilterValues ( List ( Report::InvoiceStatus ) ; "Invoiced" ) )

In place of "invoiced" use whatever value indicates that a report was invoiced and use your field for InvoiceStatus in place of mine.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Conditional Formatting
            user19752

He needs "any of ... have not been invoiced", then if there is value for "not invoiced", change to it.

Or if field value for "not invoiced" is empty, something like

Count ( Report::InvoiceStatus ) <> Count ( Report::primaryKey ) //count of invoiced is not count of report

• 3. Re: Conditional Formatting
              philmodjunk

Then you just need to either remove  the "not" or change the text in quotes to be that which indicates an uninvoiced report.

• 4. Re: Conditional Formatting
                rkutcher

Thanks for that suggestion.  I've plugged the expression into the Conditional Format  formula.  Doesn't seem to work regardless of whether I use Not Is Empty or Is Empty.  I either get everything or nothing and I have confirmed some of the Report Invoiced fields show Yes and some show No.

If the portal to the Customer is on a Company layout and the Invoiced field is in the Report table I assume the table I should use in the Conditional Format is company_customer_Report?

Regards,

Richard

• 5. Re: Conditional Formatting
                  philmodjunk

Please post the exact calculation that you have set up that doesn't work and indicate which of the two wrong outcomes it produces. This should be just a simple text copy/paste into your next reply.

• 6. Re: Conditional Formatting
                    rkutcher

not IsEmpty ( FilterValues ( List (cont_cust_RPRT::Report Invoiced) ; "Yes" ) )

The above gives all Customers showing as having Reports that are not invoiced

Regards,

Richard Kutcher

Kutcher Engineering & Inspections Inc.

250-885-6844

• 7. Re: Conditional Formatting
                      philmodjunk

" I would like to have the portal row, or a button in the portal row, turn a different color if any of the Reports, for a particular Customer, have not been invoiced."

So I'm confused as your description of the incorrect result--seems to be what you originally posted as what you want. But I'd expect that expression to show an appearance change if any report for that customer is invoiced so maybe you mistyped that statement.

If "no" marks a report that has not been invoiced, I would use "no" in place of "yes". This also assumes that the field is of type text and not number.

Note that you can enter text into number fields and all looks OK until you try to use the field in a calculation.  Also, a number field can be formatted to display "yes" for 1 and "no" for 0--which can fool you into thinking that your field is of type text when it's really number.

• 8. Re: Conditional Formatting
                        rkutcher

What I am trying to accomplish is for the conditional formatting to apply to each Customer individually.  If Customer 1 had any reports that were not invoiced then the conditional formatting would kick in for Customer 1 but not the other Customers.

So my portal would like like the following:

Customer 1.     Button shows red - because there are reports that are not invoiced

Customer 2.     Button shows white - no reports to invoice

Customer 3.     Button shows white - no reports to invoice

Customer 4.     Button shows red - reports that are not invoiced

and so on.....

Regards,

Richard

• 9. Re: Conditional Formatting
                          keywords

Are you sure you are using the correct field description? The field you give in your formula is: cont_cust_RPRT::Report Invoiced

Is the  cont_cust_RPRT table occurrence the one used by the portal in question? If it is not, you will not get the result you expect.

• 10. Re: Conditional Formatting
                            rkutcher

No.  The Portal is on the CONT table and the portal itself is cont_CUST.  That’s using anchor buoy naming convention.  I was under the impression I would have to be looking at the cont_cust_RPRT table occurrence in order to search the reports.

Regards,

Richard Kutcher

Kutcher Engineering & Inspections Inc.

250-885-6844

• 11. Re: Conditional Formatting
                              philmodjunk

It should work the way I described if the data is as I specified. What you describe is what I understood to be true in my last response.

• 12. Re: Conditional Formatting
                                rkutcher

Just wondering if you saw the email i sent to KEYWORDS about the portal and which TO it is on?

• 13. Re: Conditional Formatting
                                  keywords

If you change your Conditional Format formula to the same TO as the portal (cont_CUST) it should work as you intend.

• 14. Re: Conditional Formatting
                                    rkutcher

The field I'm searching (Report  Invoiced) is not on the cont_CUST table occurance.  It's on cont_cust_RPRT.

Regards,

Richard

(250) 885-6844

Sent from my iPhone

1 2 Previous Next