iCLINICIAN

FileMaker Server Duplicate User Connections

Discussion created by iCLINICIAN on Feb 3, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2017 by wimdecorte

One of my customers is experiencing an ongoing issue with their FileMaker Server with each user appearing to be connected to the server twice, once via the router's IP and once via their PCs IP.  Whilst this is not causing any problems for individual users working within their FileMaker solution it is causing a problem with regards to user connections as each user is using 2 connections.  Their setup consists of:

• FileMaker Server 15.0.3 running on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard which meets FileMaker's minimum server requirements
  • Mix of FileMaker Pro 15.0.1, 15.0.2 and 15.0.3 on PCs

FileMaker have looked into this for me and suggested it may be related to the solution's External Data Sources.  The solution had 2 x EDS.  The first linked it to itself for use within a 'Import All Records' script. I thought that this could be the cause so have removed this EDS.  This has not solved the problem.  The second EDS links to a local settings file using file: so I cannot see how this could cause the problem.

I have attached a screenshot of their FileMaker Server Admin Console showing the double user connections.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Thanks, Neil

Outcomes