9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2017 1:52 AM by skywillmott

Filemaker Go 15 crashing

mcintyre2

I'm having a problem with Filemaker Go crashing when I'm taking pictures in a container field.  I also crash when I try to view the picture in the expansion mode.  Any thoughts?  I'm trying to develop and application that takes preoperative pictures and postoperative picture.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Go 15 crashing
          TSGal

mcintyre2:

Thank you for your post.

There is an issue within FileMaker Go that after taking a number of pictures (100+), FileMaker Go will crash.  Is this similar to your situation?

I don't see any issues currently reported with viewing a picture in expansion mode.

Since you are crashing, please post one of  your crash reports.  To get the crash report off of your iOS device, sync your device via iTunes on your desktop/laptop machine.

If a Mac, you will find the crash reports in the following folder:

[User Account] -> Library -> Logs -> CrashReporter -> MobileDevice -> [Device Name]

If Windows, you will find the crash reports in the following folder:

C:\Users\<Your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<Device Name>

The information from the crash report will help me determine where in the application the crash occurs.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Filemaker Go 15 crashing
            mcintyre2

ok i'll do that. Thanks

• 3. Re: Filemaker Go 15 crashing
              mcintyre2

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 6.21.32 PM.png

I can't find the CrashReport folder

• 4. Re: Filemaker Go 15 crashing
                TSGal

mcintyre2:

It appears zero crash reports were saved or synced over from your iOS device.  Since the user account (mcintyre2) is new (oldest log file is Feb 4), did you sync to another user account prior to the new user account?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Filemaker Go 15 crashing
                  mcintyre2

Well when I went to sync with iTunes and backup to the computer it asked me if I wanted to add a new iphone or sync with the old backup which was last backed up probably a year ago.  Not wanting to back up with the old backup and possible losing some data ( I'm not sure if I chose the right option), chose the new option.  I guess that effected it. I don't know.  it wasn't a new phone so I don't know why it asked me that.  I had upgraded the iTunes app.  Not sure if that effected it.

• 6. Re: Filemaker Go 15 crashing
                    TSGal

mcintyre2:

Thank you for the information.

The next time you encounter a crash, sync to iTunes so you can capture the data.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Filemaker Go 15 crashing
                      rouelf

May or may not help, but once I fixed such an issue by doing a cold reboot of iOS device. Turn device completely off, and restart !!

• 8. Re: Filemaker Go 15 crashing
                        senez

I Met similar problem when taking a picture on iPad mini2 when taking a snapshot of a product . I met also  lot of different problems like slow response when using some filed for a signature by example  on iPad 2 16Go

• 9. Re: Filemaker Go 15 crashing
                          skywillmott

Unrelated, but I see you have MacKeeper in your logs! For the best of your health uninstall that piece of crap - your world will be better for it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful