3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2017 11:01 AM by Charlesdh

Selecting Image from Portal

Charlesdh

Hi,

In my project I have a Portal that can contain up to 4 Image.

What I need to do is.

1. Select any image in the Portal and have it displayed in another container that will magnify it.

I tried to use the example for "Catalog" that came with the Filemaker program.

If the product only has 1 image it is displayed. But, If there is another Image it will not be displayed when I click on it.

Thanks

Charles

• 1. Re: Selecting Image from Portal
          jbrown

Hi.

It looks like that "Catalog" starter solution is simply setting a container field called "Selected File" with the contents of the container field the user clicked on, and then another field: "Selected File | Container" gets the contents of the other field. This makes it look like the picture is expanding.

In your case you can do something similar. In your portal you'd have a button that gets the contents of the container field in that row and set it to another container field in the parent table.

The attached demo file shows you what I did to solve this issue. There are probably other ways, but this is simple.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Selecting Image from Portal
            rouelf

Charles,

Hope “jbrown” does not mind, I have modified the file, and added my initials to the file name.

Maybe this approach is helpful, have added a PopOver button, with the same container, magnified as you say. I like brown’s approach too, now you have both.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Selecting Image from Portal
              Charlesdh

JBrown and rouelf

Thanks for the help. Both thoughts are great.