AnsweredAssumed Answered

FmGo 14/15 dropping 1st digit of barcode scan

Question asked by eoin on Feb 5, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 6, 2017 by eoin

I wonder if anyone can help me as this has me running around in circles.

Upgraded the FMServer from 14 to 15 and at the same time decided to upgrade most iPad clients to FMgo 15 and iOS 10.

A part of the application uses Symbol/Motorola CS3070 bluetooth scanners for data capture and has done so for the past number of years

running on iOS 8 & FMgo 13 without issue.

Now since the server change from 14 to 15 and the iOS upgrade from 7 to 10 along with FMgo 15, 50% of the time we scan barcodes we are loosing the first digit resulting in the barcode not being recognised.

Funny thing is if I open the note pad on the iPad and scan into it the scans are 100% correct 100% of the time.

There is only 1 script trigger on the field triggered by on object validate which checks for the barcodes existence in the system and performs some logic. But that doesn't happen until the carriage return on the end of the barcode forces the script to run. It doesn't explain why the first (and always the first) digit is missing.

I built another layout to test with different logic to strip the code128 components into separate fields and I have exactly the same error on this layout too.

I've tried all different iPads from 2, 3 iPad Air 1 & 2, iPad Pro all with iOS 10 and all with FmGo 14/15 and different scanners (same model) and they all behave the same, loosing the 1st digit 50% of the time.

All iPads are on a local network with a local FMS15 hosting the solution.

My next step is to find an iPad which hasn't been upgraded to iOS 9 or 10 and install previous versions of FMGo to see if I can at least rescue the situation and then if necessary file a bug report.

I'm curious if anyone else has come across this problem or noticed even the keyboard missing the first digit when typing in FMgo 14 or 15?.

Thanks!.

Outcomes