dg3321

How Do I Know If My File Is Corrupt?

Discussion created by dg3321 on Feb 6, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 6, 2017 by dg3321

I run a real estate business using FMP 14.0.6 on a Mac running El Capitan (10.11.6).  I manage 10 properties, of which I have a tabbed layout showing the monthly P&L for each property.  There is a tab for each property on the top of the P&L's to filter through them easily.  In addition to the P&L, on the same report, I also show a distribution of net income to shareholders.  I have a field that shows the % due to the shareholder, as well as a field showing the actual distribution amount (net income * % ownership).

I have a separate layout that pulls this distribution figure from each of the 10 P&L layouts, to show the full distribution report for the shareholders, which breaks down their distribution for a given month, on all 10 properties, on one page.

I recently noticed that the figures being shown on the 'Distribution Report' are inaccurate (somewhere between $50 - $200 off).  Not for all properties, but a handful.  How do i attack this problem?  Could my file be corrupt?  If so, what do I do?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Outcomes