AnsweredAssumed Answered

Insert Audio/Video on iOS? ("Files on iPod"..."No files available")

Question asked by jfencil on Feb 6, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 6, 2017 by schamblee

Question..... How do I get Insert Video to work on iOS when you are asked to reference the file from your Mac.? I am wrapping this application w/ FM iOS SDK. Should I include the video file in my Xcode Project file? I am also running FM Server, can I add the video file to the server and then reference the video file on the server? This seems like it would be pretty straightforward to figure out. Thank you for your help!!!

My Findings.....

1. Referencing Insert Audio/Video, I was able to figure out how to insert a video into my FM iOS SDK wrapped app on my Mac....

The video successfully plays on my Mac.

2. On iOS.... it FM says Files on iPod.... "No files available"  This is pretty obvious, because I am referencing the file that lives on the Mac:

moviemac:/Untitled/Users/James/Desktop/Checkmark2_alpha (Converted).mov

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 9.30.34 AM.png

3. Obviously the file is not stored on the iOS device. How can I get this to work? I should not have to add a video file to every single device our application is running on. Please help!

I am wrapping this application w/ FM iOS SDK. Should I include the video file in my Xcode Project file? I am also running FM Server, can I add the video file to the server and then reference the video file on the server? This seems like it would be pretty straightforward to figure out. Thank you for your help!!!

Outcomes