6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2017 9:28 AM by mm2017

Last viewed record

mm2017

Hi,

I want to find out if a file can be re-opened showing the record which was the last record viewed before the file was closed?

Regards.

• 1. Re: Last viewed record
          philmodjunk

It is possible, but is this a file that is hosted from FileMaker Server or just a single user copy opened with FileMaker Go or FileMaker Advanced?

And if hosted from server, would this be the last record visited by that user? (So if user A leaves the Record 3245 as the current record and user B leaves record 3321 as the current record, user A sees record 3245 when they open the file and user b sees record 3321.)

• 2. Re: Last viewed record
            mm2017

Hi,

Thank you for such a quick response.

At present the file is local single user copy.

It is opened with filmmaker Go on a mobile device.

Regards.

• 3. Re: Last viewed record
              philmodjunk

Then I would expect it to open right back to the record that was current when the file was closed unless some script performed by a script trigger changes the current record.

In any case, the OnLastWindow close trigger could be set to log the name of the layout and the ID of the current record into some global fields defined for this purpose. Then a script set to run "onFirstWindowOpen" could use that data to return to the same layout and find the same record (or found set in some cases...)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Last viewed record
                mm2017

Thanks for that. I know what you mean but I am new to filmmaker and not well versed with writing scripts.

• 5. Re: Last viewed record
                  philmodjunk

Not much I can do with that response except to encourage you to learn how to create scripts.

Creating solutions in FileMaker without scripts is like trying to row a row boat with only one oar. It doesn't work nearly as well as using two.

• 6. Re: Last viewed record
                    mm2017

Hi,

May be you can help me by writing a script for the attached file.

That will be really helpful.