3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2017 7:19 AM by philmodjunk

Script Help needed to Restrict records based on User Account

xxx202xxx

Need script help!!!

Scenario: I have 5 members that belong to a group called say HR.  I have 100 tickets assigned to this group that I would like the 5 group members to see.  When a ticket gets assigned to a group member then I no longer want that ticket to be visible by the group but only by the member in which the ticket was assigned.  If the ticket is reassigned back to the group then I want the ticket to be visible by the group again.

If the ticket is closed with the group members name associated with the ticket then I would want any closed ticket to be visible by the group as well.

• 1. Re: Script Help needed to Restrict records based on User Account
          philmodjunk

And exactly how do assign a ticket to a group?

There are multiple options possible and scripting might be just part of the solution.

a) A portal could be used to limit which tickets are visible.

b) record level access control in Manage Security might be used.

c) Scripts that perform finds and constrain found sets can be performed when a layout is entered and when a window enters Browse mode.

• 2. Re: Script Help needed to Restrict records based on User Account
            xxx202xxx

After waking up this morning I realized that I have what I want for the most part already.

Relationships: Contacts::Dept = Tickets::Dept another instance is: Contacts::Name = Tickets::Name

Ticket Creation: When a ticket is fist opened the AccountName is added to the ticket::origination field, the department the account name is a part of is added to the ticket::Department field and the account name is also added to the tickets::name field.  The tickets::name field is the field I would change to reassign the ticket to a different member or leave it blank to be assigned back to the group.  I currently have a portal on the tickets layout that shows all tickets assigned to a member by the Tickets::Name field and by using their account name when they first logon.   I also have a ticket list layout that show all tickets where I have a script to filter out tickets based on user.

I guess what I need help with is "locking" those tickets that are assigned to other members to prevent anyone from sabotage (fore lack of a better term).  But also give managers the ability to reassign tickets as they see fit.

• 3. Re: Script Help needed to Restrict records based on User Account
              philmodjunk

If you wish to be absolutely sure that no one can view and/or edit a ticket not assigned to them, Record Level Access control is the best approach.