2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2017 1:04 AM by Benjamin Fehr

FMPA 15.03 & Safari Crash when Printing

JohnValeanBaily

Since updating to Mac OSX Sierra I have a had a continuing printing problem when using FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.03.

Printing invariably fails, causing the app to crash and asking if I want to submit an Apple Report.

[This occurs both running a FM file locally or from my FM server].

This problem happens on a MacBookPro 2016 and a Mac Pro (2012). Both running Sierra.

I obviously thought that my database might be corrupted, I checked, Recovered etc. No errors were reported at any time.

I reverted my MacBookPro to El Capitan and the problem has disappeared. Not one crash.

The crashes continue using the same file on the MacPro (both machines running a file from the Server - or locally).

There is obviously a serious incompatibility between Sierra and FMPA15.

Any suggestions, thoughts or comments.

• 1. Re: FMPA 15.03 & Safari Crash when Printing
          TSGal

JohnValeanBaily:

Thank you for your post.

I continually print from FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.3 under macOS Sierra 10.12.3 without any issues, so I know this should work.

If you create a new file with one field and one record, are you able to print?  This will let me know if the issue is with the computer environment or your original file.

If the crash only occurs with your file, is it every layout in the file or just a particular layout?  This will let me know if it is a file issue or a layout issue.

When you do crash, or if you still have one of the crash reports, please print the crash report up to and including the crashed thread.  This will give me an indication of why the crash is occurring.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMPA 15.03 & Safari Crash when Printing
            Benjamin Fehr

Be aware that known bugs with macOS Sierra were fixed with Sierra 10.12.3.

Are you with latest version 10.12.3?

1 of 1 people found this helpful