2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2017 1:27 PM by jdevans

Zoomed button text won't fit inside button object

jdevans

I have a layout with buttons across the top. I have one user who needs his view zoomed to 150% ( so I script this).

Actually 125% would be better but for some reason in 2017 we still have very limited control over zoom level. I digress.

What is the workaround on zooming with respect to button text.

See attached image of discussion on FM Community.

• 1. Re: Zoomed button text won't fit inside button object
          TSGal

jdevans:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. Using FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.3 under macOS Sierra 10.12.3, I create a new database file.

2. On the layout, I created a button with title "Create Packing List".

3. I formatted the Button setup to include an icon on the left side, I chose the PDF icon.

4. I formatted the Button fill to be 00C0C0 (close to what your screenshot displays), and the Button icon fill to white.

5. The text was also set to white.

6. Zooming to 150% or 200% displayed fine without any line wrap.

Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can reproduce the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Zoomed button text won't fit inside button object
            jdevans

I'm on Windows 7. I posted about this in discussions and it seems that the object was set to have text centered. I changed it to left justified. I also saw that it's padding was set around 6-8 for left, right, top and bottom. Backing those numbers down and the justification combined seems to correct the word-wrap.ns

Thanks.

Dave Eva