Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. I always get [WebDirect-xxxxx] for the User Name when accessed directly from either direct access or Launch Center under WebDirect. The "xxxxx" refers to the last five digits of the Persistent ID.
What are the contents of your OnFirstWindow script?
This is what my Script does with OnFirstWindowOpen Script Trigger
Go to Layout (start)
Allow user Abort (off)
Set Error capture (on)
Show Custom Dialog ( "Log in information" ; "Username: " & Get(Username) & "Privilege Set: " & Get(CurrentPrivilegeSetName)
Why do Get ( UserName ) give me different information? Make no sense.
I had the exact same Show Custom Dialog settings, and the UserName still shows as [WebDirect-xxxxx]. This is the same for Safari 10 and Chrome 56 under macOS Sierra 10.12.3 and for Internet Explorer 11 under Windows 7. Like you, the file is hosted with FileMaker Server 15.0.3 under Windows Server 2012 R2.
I have accessed the database file directly as well as through the Launch Center.
I modified the script to be exactly like yours (except for the Layout name), and still no issue.
I have also sent you a private message.
I get exactly the same problem running Chrome 58.0.3006.0
On Safari I have version 10.0.3 (11602.4.8.0.1)
This are SnapShots from Chrome I just took
logging in with https://mydomain.com/fmi/webd#MyFileName
Opening same file from Launch Center
It behave exactly the same in all three browsers (Safari, Chrome and IE). What am I missing?
There may be a FileMaker setting that causes this. If you create a new file, one field, one record, set it for Network Sharing and WebDirect access, upload it to FileMaker Server, do you still get the same results?
I have create a new file called Test.fmp12. I have created one Field called Test (text). I created on record. I have created on script that s called on OnFirstWindowOpen that shows a dialog with Username and Privilege Set. File was created on my Mac 10.11.6 with FileMaker Pro Advanced 15v3
This is the result in Safari with https://mydomain/fmi/webd#test
This is the result if I go to Launch Center and open same file
Exactly the same behaviour as I had on my other file.
Intriguing... Like TSGal, I always get the less useful WebDirectXXXXX for Get ( UserName ).
If you could share your test file, I can try it to see if it's actually something in the file causing this.
I would perhaps rather suspect that it could be something in FileMaker Server. Did you test using another instance of FileMaker Server? What are your settings in FileMaker Server? SSL, security, etc? 1-machine or 2-machine? Anything else?
How do I share a file here?
2 machine installation
Have a certificate that is valid with GoDaddy
Otherwise nothing strange in Settings
2 of 2 people found this helpful
you have to click on Advanced editor (upper right) when you reply/comment, then you can add attachment(s).
This seems to have something to do with the browser being used. I set up a file with the dialog box using this formula:
Get( UserName ) & " " & Get( AccountName ) & " ¶" &
Get( CurrentPrivilegeSetName ) & " " & Get(AccountPrivilegeSetName)
Depending on the Browser, the Username was WebDirect-XXXXX. When I open the file with Pro it gives the username for the local computer.
I think this makes sense, since WebDirect would not know the name of the user on the remote computer. You came in through the browser. When you use Pro, you are running on the local computer and FileMaker does know the name of the local user.
WebDirect does know the Account name used to log in to the file, so this was always correct.